Design Consultant Job Description
- Job Title: Design Consultant
- Department: Sales
- Supervisor: Kelly Knipper
- Rate of Pay: DOE
To represent the Company to the customer for the purpose of selling flooring, tile and other related products. Promote goodwill while demonstrating first class customer service. Performs a variety of in store, marketing, promotion, advertising and duties related to the sale and delivery of our product’s that contribute to the efficient, safe, and profitable operation of the Company.
Essential Job Functions
- Represent Floorology as a local flooring and tile expert and Design professional within the residential, commercial, custom builder and design communities.
- Meet and greet showroom visitors while gaining a better understanding about their flooring and tile needs, consulting with them on the best solution given their ideas, lifestyle, needs and budget.
- Provide guidance and information as needed.
- Serve as the flooring project coordinator for jobs acquired from start to finish.
- Assess the project requirements and measurements by scheduling appointments and going on in-home measures.
- Prepare project estimates per job requirements and customer selections.
- Follow up with customers to ensure they are informed about any specials and have what they need to make a decision.
- Place orders with flooring manufacturers as needed.
- Coordinate with Installation Manager to schedule flooring installations and ensure customers and install teams are install-ready.
- Communicate with internal teams and customers throughout the sales and installation process, maintaining accurate records through to project completion and close.
- Provide guidance to ensure each job is done right and every customer is thrilled with their experience with Floorology.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices.
- Handle incoming calls.
- All other duties assigned.
- This is a full-time, sales opportunity for an experienced retail sales associate.
- Self-transportation and valid drivers license is required.
- Knowledge and experience in Interior Design and/or the flooring industry is preferred.
- Computer skills and positive customer service attitude are essential.
- Scheduling flexibility; some evenings and weekends may be required from time to time.
- You thrive on helping people with their flooring design selections and project challenges and are passionate about helping people.
- You are passionate about interior design/decorating and are a natural with color and design and relish the idea of designing rooms that will be unforgettable to your clients.
- You are a “go-getter” that is known for taking the initiative and doing what needs to get done without being asked.
- You’re a team player, but can be relied upon to work independently with very little direction.
- You are a Customer Service Champion and are known as the Sales Rainmaker in certain circles.
- You’re not afraid of math you eat flooring design drawings and layouts with special measurements and project needs for lunch.
- You are known for doing what it takes to get the job done right the first time, and are a strong believer in there’s a process for that.
- You know that things can and will go wrong in flooring design / construction projects, but are calm and quick on your feet to solve, always three steps ahead of everyone else.
- You aren’t afraid to learn new things, especially when it comes to new flooring innovations and design trends, and are anxious to learn more to further your flooring knowledge.
- You thrive on your perfect customer review scores everywhere it counts, including the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, Angie’s List, Google Reviews, CitySearch, and are true believer in that referrals are the best compliment ever.
- You geek out on the idea of using one of the most sophisticated 3D rendering software systems in the construction industry, because technology is your friend.
- You enjoy a family-owned and operated work environment and have a strong background in proving you are a team player.
- You want to live a well-rounded life and enjoy making plans in the evenings, on Sundays and during major U.S. holidays. You look forward to taking off the week of Christmas and having long Thanksgiving holidays and more, because even though you work in retail, the showroom is closed.
- You’ve always seen yourself earning a healthy income while doing what you love, especially working for a local award-winning flooring retailer.
If you meet the previous criteria and are excited about a career with Floorology, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to Kelly Knipper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.